Thursday, July 2, 2015

Introduction

Welcome to my "blog". It's more of a collection of thoughts, ideas, and past experiences that have shaped me into the person I am. Nothing in here should be taken too seriously; life shouldn't be taken too seriously. That's kind of what brought me to the title "People Suck, and That's OK", because in the world we live in, we hold everyone to an egregiously high standard, to the point that all we see are flaws and failures. Hopefully my thoughts here will reshape the way you see the world. If you find anything useful, please take it to heart. If nothing else, this'll help me pen out some of what I have seen, so that I can come back to it as a reference for the future.

It's kind of my memoir of life. I tend not to be too open about many aspects of my life, mostly because people don't care, or at least they won't know what to do with the information if they had it. So why bother sharing, right? Well, I learned something interesting talking to a good friend, Justin (if you don't know him, go meet him RIGHT NOW! Incredible man), that we live in an oxymoronic state, where what we perceive as logical really is a notion we create to protect ourselves from what we don't understand. Yet, the things that really are, the truths just beyond our reach, remain beyond our reach because we choose not to adjust our perspective and acknowledge that how we see things is incorrect: that what we perceived as askew, or even contradictory, is actually truth that's been present the whole time. So in my "blog", I hope to correct my wrongs when I said that hiding myself is the only way others will like me, and now state that in revealing myself to others, people will deepen their relationship with me.

This comes with one caveat: there are lots of truths that aren't universal. Is there truth in a skewed perspective? Of course. Truth penetrates deeper than factual evidence. We all live in our perceived truths and no one can convince us otherwise. That's why five people could have the exact same car ride and write five different accounts of what happened. The facts are the same, but the perspective -- the lens we use to understand and interact with the world -- differs from person to person. Nevertheless, I feel and have come to understand, that there are some universal aspects about humanity that if understood, would enable greater relationships and an overall sense of happiness by the people who accept them. That's what this is all about. What are those truths? How can one arrive to those truths? How do those truths apply to everyone's unique situations?

You'll just have to keep reading to find out.

--

This "blog" will be organized into three major sections: The Challenge, The Enlightenment, and The Future. Inside The Challenge, I'll talk about the different periods of my life, and the struggles I went through emotionally, mentally, socially, physically, and even spiritually. I'll talk about how my perspective became skewed with regards to those events and what I did during that time to alter that perspective. Inside The Enlightenment, I'll discuss those perspectives, and how I applied some simple principles to dramatically change my perspective. Finally, I'll finish of with how The Future looks for me, and what changes are still in store.

1 comment:

  1. AJ, you were at a Colitis and Crohns support group with me a while back and I ran into at my Doctors as you were studying Auto immune disease. I wanted to see if you've found any answers and if you've studied Dr. McDougall?

    ReplyDelete